The word dare has a few different meanings and can be used in different ways.
- To have the courage to do something.
- To disobey or challenge someone
- I dare you to go over there and talk to him.
- She wouldn’t dare ask him for a favor.
- She doesn’t dare disagree with them.
- He wouldn’t dare talk about his problems.
- Don’t you dare ask him, his “plate is already full” (the person is occupied with many things).
- a challenge
- It is a dare.
- They dared him to streak (run naked).
The game: Truth or Dare
There is a game called Truth or Dare.
It is when a group of people get together. One by one,
someone asks another person “Truth or Dare”
- If the person says “truth”, they have to honestly answer the question that is asked.
- If the person says “dare”, they have to complete the dare told to them.