- I’m stuffed
When a person says, “I’m stuffed” it means they are full and don’t want to eat anymore.
- After eating a big Thanksgiving dinner, everyone is stuffed. So, we wait for 1-2 hours to have dessert.
- After eating Thanksgiving dinner, everyone is stuffed. So, we go window shopping to walk around and feel less stuffed.
Extra info.: A teddy bear is a stuffed animal.
She is stuffing everything into her suitcase.
- Eat like a bird
When a person eats like a bird, they eat very little.
- Mike is a big guy, but he eats like a bird.
- Often, elderly people eat like a bird.
- To go cold turkey
When a person goes cold turkey, that means they quit a bad habit and suffer from the beginning. This is often used to talk about people who stop smoking cigarettes or using drugs.
- He tried to quit smoking cold turkey, but he couldn’t do it.
- She successfully quit smoking by going cold turkey but it was very tough.
- Some people try to stop vaping by going cold turkey.
- Count your blessings
To count your blessings means to be grateful for the good things in your life.
- This Thanksgiving we should count our blessings.
- Count your blessings because there are many people that don’t have what we have.